Our Missions Philosphy
Our missions philosopy is that we as a Body of Believers are called not only to serve as Lights in the Darkness of our local community, but also to support the spreading of the Good News about God and His only Son our Savior, Jesus Christ, throughout the world.
We have a rich history of supporting Missionary families that are each committed to the goal of spreading the Gospel. Our Missionary families are an extension of our family and we not only support them financially, but also through frequent prayer, correspondence, and conversations. When they have a specific need we often support them. We strive to help them in the great work they are doing. Our Missions Committee meets monthly to pray for and communicate with our Missionaries.
Here are some of our Misionaries and how they are serving:
Cari Neff with CEF - Child Evangelism Fellowship in our Region
- Reaching Elementary School age children with the Gospel.
Paul and Cheryl DeMena - with EFCA in Asia
- Tent making; church planting and equipping.
Roger and Shelly Ishii - with the Navigators at U. of MD.
- Ministry to college students and other Navigators.
Ron and Nancy Minton in Ukraine
- Church planting, Bible college and evangelism.
Mike and Cindy Zello with Teen Challenge
- Reaching young men who are struggling with addictions.
Kim and Jan Cone with EFCA in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Reaching the Fulani people
We get updates from our Missionaries regularly. Here are some recent updates we'd like to share so that you can pray specifically for them.
Ron Minton's requests in April, 2013
Please pray - we appreciate all who pray for our needs.
- our health and safety
- plans for a pre-Easter outreach on May 1-4 (Easter is May 5 here this year)
- for Valery’s family and church (beloved pastor who died in car accident)
- for some research projects and classes Ron is working on
- teaching the book of Hebrews (coming up soon and is the first time that class has been taught)
Kim and Jan Cone's requests August, 2016
Prayer and praise:
- Wisdom in renting temporary housing in Kentzou
- for obstacles to be removed so that the Fulani can receive better medical care
- complete recovery of the Habiibas that had gangrenous feet
- that God will give us the right words as we quiz them on what they have seen and heard on their cell phones.
- that the Fulani will receive and understand the Message of the Gospel
- Open doors and favor among administrators for Roger's ministry on small college campus
- Wisdom and insight for Shelly's ministry to women and for her protection
- wisdom and clarity for Roger to discern his changing role in national leadership teams
- Roger discipling men who desire to live in sexual integrity
Cari Neff's requests, September, 2016
- Increase in monthly support
- Two Good News Club Coordinators to help oversee the ministry in 6 schools
- More churches to sponsor Good News Clubs at Parkside, Berkeley, and Cedar Forest Elementary
- Staffing of all Good News Clubs as the fall sessions begin