Our Missions Philosphy
Our missions philosopy is that we as a Body of Believers are called not only to serve as Lights in the Darkness of our local community, but also to support the spreading of the Good News about God and His only Son our Savior, Jesus Christ, throughout the world.
We have a rich history of supporting Missionary families that are each committed to the goal of spreading the Gospel. Our Missionary families are an extension of our family and we not only support them financially, but also through frequent prayer, correspondence, and conversations. When they have a specific need we often support them. We strive to help them in the great work they are doing. Our Missions Committee meets monthly to pray for and communicate with our Missionaries.
Here are some of our Misionaries and how they are serving:
Cari Neff with CEF - Child Evangelism Fellowship in our Region
- Reaching Elementary School age children with the Gospel.
Paul and Cheryl DeMena - with EFCA in Asia
- Tent making; church planting and equipping.
Roger and Shelly Ishii - with the Navigators at U. of MD.
- Ministry to college students and other Navigators.
Ron and Nancy Minton in Ukraine
- Church planting, Bible college and evangelism.
Mike and Cindy Zello with Teen Challenge
- Reaching young men who are struggling with addictions.
Kim and Jan Cone with EFCA in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Reaching the Fulani people
We get updates from our Missionaries regularly. Here are some recent updates we'd like to share so that you can pray specifically for them.
Ron Minton's requests in January, 2017
Please pray - we appreciate all who pray for our needs.
- our health and safety
- plans for visiting churches in the U.S.
- for additional supporters
- for the work that continues in their absence
Kim and Jan Cone's requests February, 2017
Praise that our truck now has been registered with Cameroonian
Pray that we can build bridges of trust strong enough to carry the weight of truth
Pray that God will put His words in our mouths and His Spirit in the hearts of the Fulani
- May God continue to break down obstacles for the gospel to move among students at Washington Adventist U.
- May the Lord empower Shelly with wisdom and endurance.
- May the Lord give us perseverance in our tasks and wisdom to say "no"
- Pray for the men in their ongoing battle for purity.
- Increase in monthly support
- More Christian Youth in Action teens willing to work with us to teach 5-Day Clubs this summer
- More churches to sponsor Good News Clubs at remaining elementary schools in Spotsylvania, Orange and Caroline Counties
- People who will gather groups of children and host 5-Day Clubs