Our Missions Philosphy
Our missions philosopy is that we as a Body of Believers are called not only to serve as Lights in the Darkness of our local community, but also to support the spreading of the Good News about God and His only Son our Savior, Jesus Christ, throughout the world.
We have a rich history of supporting Missionary families that are each committed to the goal of spreading the Gospel. Our Missionary families are an extension of our family and we not only support them financially, but also through frequent prayer, correspondence, and conversations. When they have a specific need we often support them. We strive to help them in the great work they are doing. Our Missions Committee meets monthly to pray for and communicate with our Missionaries.
Here are some of our Misionaries and how they are serving:
Cari Neff with CEF - Child Evangelism Fellowship in our Region
- Reaching Elementary School age children with the Gospel.
Paul and Cheryl DeMena - with EFCA in Asia
- Tent making; church planting and equipping.
Roger and Shelly Ishii - with the Navigators at U. of MD.
- Ministry to college students and other Navigators.
Ron and Nancy Minton in Ukraine
- Church planting, Bible college and evangelism.
Mike and Cindy Zello with Teen Challenge
- Reaching young men who are struggling with addictions.
Kim and Jan Cone with EFCA in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Reaching the Fulani people
We get updates from our Missionaries regularly. Here are some recent updates we'd like to share so that you can pray specifically for them.
Ron Minton's requests in April, 2013
Please pray - we appreciate all who pray for our needs.
- our health and safety
- plans for a pre-Easter outreach on May 1-4 (Easter is May 5 here this year)
- for Valery’s family and church (beloved pastor who died in car accident)
- for some research projects and classes Ron is working on
- teaching the book of Hebrews (coming up soon and is the first time that class has been taught)
Kim and Jan Cone's requests (February, 2013)
- for Josh and Lori, who are studying 2 languages at once! Fulfulde and Sango! Help!
- for peace and security for CAR. So far, we've had no
trouble here in the West but things are still boiling in the
- for our many close Fulani contacts through the hospital,
the town and the encampments in the bush.
May our Lord draw these people to Himself!
- regarding all the horribly complex logistics surrounding
getting the container here to the Gamboula hospital.
- regarding the possibility of Bello, the leader of the
"Jesus Fulani" who fled from CAR to Cameroon, coming to advise us and possibly to send missionaries from his group to help us.
Roger Ishii's thanks, February, 2013
- Good team at U of MD & year of great activities
- Shelly's ministry to women
- Bible study with Neil
- Discipling a couple from Singapore
- We hope to find spiritually-hungry international students who want to know God, and believers who will impact their friends and classmates for Christ.