Our Missions Philosphy
Our missions philosopy is that we as a Body of Believers are called not only to serve as Lights in the Darkness of our local community, but also to support the spreading of the Good News about God and His only Son our Savior, Jesus Christ, throughout the world.
We have a rich history of supporting Missionary families that are each committed to the goal of spreading the Gospel. Our Missionary families are an extension of our family and we not only support them financially, but also through frequent prayer, correspondence, and conversations. When they have a specific need we often support them. We strive to help them in the great work they are doing. Our Missions Committee meets monthly to pray for and communicate with our Missionaries.
Here are some of our Misionaries and how they are serving:
Cari Neff with CEF - Child Evangelism Fellowship in our Region
- Reaching Elementary School age children with the Gospel.
Paul and Cheryl DeMena - with EFCA in Asia
- Tent making; church planting and equipping.
Roger and Shelly Ishii - with the Navigators at U. of MD.
- Ministry to college students and other Navigators.
Ron and Nancy Minton in Ukraine
- Church planting, Bible college and evangelism.
Mike and Cindy Zello with Teen Challenge
- Reaching young men who are struggling with addictions.
Kim and Jan Cone with EFCA in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Reaching the Fulani people
We get updates from our Missionaries regularly. Here are some recent updates we'd like to share so that you can pray specifically for them.
Ron Minton's requests in January, 2017
Please pray - we appreciate all who pray for our needs.
- our health and safety
- plans for visiting churches in the U.S.
- for additional supporters
- for the work that continues in their absence
Kim and Jan Cone's requests December, 2016
Pray that the F. refugees in Z may be able to return to their homes here. Some men have but so far no women or children. About 15 F. came to the independence day parade. They were treated with honor and the mayor asked Kim to pray in F-language. So, it would appear that the government is trying to reach out to them and reassure them.
Pray that God’s Spirit would enlighten the hearts of those who’ve heard the Good News!
Pray that the huge, G., national church here would understand that the Great Commission applies to them as well and that they would begin reaching out to the F. and do more to reach the Pygmies.
- Your One Degree ministry insights that help guide decision-making
- Open doors to minister to students at Washington Adventist University
- Ministry to Neil and Abe
- Shelly's healing prayer class which helps equip her for ministry to others
- Opportuinites to minister to Navigator intern missionaries
- Friends who pray, guide, encourage, love challenge, bless and sustain us
Cari Neff's requests, September, 2016
- Increase in monthly support
- Two Good News Club Coordinators to help oversee the ministry in 6 schools
- More churches to sponsor Good News Clubs at Parkside, Berkeley, and Cedar Forest Elementary
- Staffing of all Good News Clubs as the fall sessions begin